- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction: Consociational Theory and Northern Ireland
- 2 The Anglo-Irish Agreement: Folly or Statecraft?
- 3 The Limits to Coercive Consociationalism in Northern Ireland
- 4 Comparing Northern Ireland
- 5 Five Fallacies: Northern Ireland and the Liabilities of Liberalism
- 6 The Labour Government and Northern Ireland, 1974–9
- 7 The Conservative Stewardship of Northern Ireland 1979–97: Sound-bottomed Contradictions or Slow Learning?
- 8 Political Settlements in Northern Ireland and South Africa
- 9 The Nature of the Agreement
- 10 Globalization, European Integration, and the Northern Ireland Conflict
- 11 ‘Democracy’ in Northern Ireland: Experiments in Self-rule from the Protestant Ascendancy to the Good Friday Agreement
- 12 The Protection of Human Rights under the Belfast Agreement
- 13 The Politics of Policing Reform in Northern Ireland
- JOHN MCGARRY AND BRENDAN O'LEARY
- JOHN MCGARRY
- BRENDAN O'LEARY
- Name Index
- Subject Index
- The Northern Ireland Conflict
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.