- Title Pages
- Introduction From Locke to Dugald Stewart
- 1 Locke's Chapter ‘Of Power’ and its Eighteenth‐Century Reception
- 2 King, Clarke, Collins
- 3 Hume's Reconciling Project
- 4 Kames's Hypothesis
- 5 Jonathan Edwards against Arminianism
- 6 The Bare Authority of Feeling: James Beattie in Context
- 7 Hartley, Tucker, Priestley
- 8 Science and Freedom in Thomas Reid
- 8 Liberty and Necessity after Reid
- Postscript The Nineteenth Century and Afterwards
- Of Liberty and Necessity
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.