- Title Pages
- 1 Understanding Ancient Societies
- 2 Science in Ancient Civilizations?
- 3 Carving Out Territories
- 4 A Common Logic?
- 5 Searching For Truth
- 6 The Questionability Of Belief
- 7 Styles Of Enquiry and the Question Of a Common Ontology
- 8 The Use and Abuse Of Classification
- 9 For Example and Against
- 10 Universities: Their Histories and Responsibilities
- 11 Human Nature and Human Rights
- 12 A Critique Of Democracy
- Glossary Of Chinese and Greek Terms Chinese
- Notes On Editions
- Ancient Worlds, Modern Reflections
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.