- Title Pages
- Part I A Central Problem of Political Obligation
- 1 The Membership Problem
- 2 Obligations: Preliminary Points
- 3 In Pursuit of a Theory of Political Obligation
- 4 Actual Contract Theory: Attractions
- 5 Objections to Actual Contract Theory
- Part II Societies, Membership, and Obligation
- 6 Social Groups: Starting Small
- 7 Joint Commitment and Obligation
- 8 Societies as Plural Subjects
- Part III A Solution to the Membership Problem
- 9 Political Societies
- 10 Reconsidering Actual Contract Theory
- 11 The Plural Subject Theory of Political Obligation
- 12 Summary and Prospect
- A Theory of Political Obligation
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.