- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- About the Authors
- 1 Winning Isn't Everything: Losers' Consent and Democratic Legitimacy
- 2 Political Legitimacy and the Winner–Loser Gap
- 3 The Winner–Loser Gap: Contours and Boundaries
- 4 The Dynamics of Losers' Consent: Persistence and Change in the Winner–Loser Gap
- 5 Individual Differences in Losers' Consent
- 6 Winning and Losing in Old and New Democracies
- 7 How Political Institutions Shape Losers' Consent
- 8 Comparing Losers' Assessments of Electoral Democracy
- 9 Losing and Support for Institutional Change
- 10 Conclusion: Graceful Losers and the Democratic Bargain
- Appendix: Data Sources and Survey Items
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.