- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Income Inequality in the UK: Extent and Trends
- 3 Poverty, Deprivation, and Exclusion
- 4 Why Has the Income Distribution Changed?
- 5 Income Dynamics and Social Mobility
- 6 Social Spending and the Boundaries Between Public and Private Sectors
- 7 Tax and Welfare
- 8 Distribution and Redistribution
- 9 New Labour, Welfare, and Distribution
- 10 Constraints and Pressures
- 11 Conclusions: The Spending Pit or the Tax Pendulum?
- Inequality and the State
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.