- Title Pages
- LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
- LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS AND CONVENTIONS
- A Note on Dates
- 1 Introduction: Science in ‘Dissenting’ Religious Communities
- 2 Two Communities
- 3 Education and Careers
- 4 Scientific Institutions
- 5 Trajectories in Science
- 6 Quaker Attitudes and Practices
- 7 Quaker Responses to Evolution
- 8 Jewish Attitudes and Practices
- 9 Jewish Responses to Evolution
- 10 Historical Comparisons and Historiographical Reflections
- APPENDIX 1 Who is to count as a Quaker or as a Jew?
- APPENDIX 2 Oath and Affirmation used at graduation ceremony at Edinburgh University
- APPENDIX 3 Quaker and Jewish Fellows of the Royal Society of London (by date of election)
- 1. Archives
- 2. Eighteenth‐ and Nineteenth‐Century Religious Periodicals
- 3. Other Published Works
- 4. Dissertations
- Quakers, Jews, and Science
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.