- Title Pages
- 1 <b>A Proposed Semantical Solution to the So‐called ‘Problem of Mass Nouns’</b>
- 2 In Thrall to the Idea of The One
- 3 <b>Non‐count Descriptions and Non‐singularity</b>
- 4 <b>Quantification and its Discontents</b>
- 5 The Ideal Language Project and the Non‐discrete
- Appendix I Atomism
- Appendix II Substances and Physical Objects: Quine's Labyrinth
- Appendix III Reductive/Mereological Approaches to Non‐singularity
- Appendix IV The Gradual Transition from Count Nouns to Pure Non‐count Nouns
- Words without Objects
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.