- Title Pages
- 1 <b>Introduction</b>
- 2 <b>Clement: Christian Writer in Second‐Century Alexandria</b>
- 3 <b>The Concept of God in Middle Platonism</b>
- 4 <b>Clement's Method of Concealment</b>
- 5 <b>Clement's Concept of God (I): The Apophatic Essence of the Father</b>
- 6 <b>Clement's Concept of God (II): The Son as Logos</b>
- 7 <b>The Knowledge of God</b>
- 8 <b>Apophaticism and the Distinction between Essence and Power</b>
- 9 <b>Concluding Remarks</b>
- Index of Citations
- General Index
- Clement of Alexandria and the Beginnings of Christian Apophaticism
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.