- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- List of Figures
- Introduction: Alberti's Window, Leonardo's Mirror, and van Gogh's Room
- Part I Image Structure
- 1 Goodman's Progress
- 2 Repleteness, Sensitivity, and Richness
- 3 Transparency
- 4 Mimesis
- 5 Other Visibilia and Other Media
- Part II Image Content
- 6 Bare Bones Content
- 7 Understanding Commitments
- 8 Sense Data and Bare Bones Content
- 9 Fleshing Out and Seeing‐in
- 10 Perceiving Pictures
- Part III Realism and Variety
- 11 Verity
- 12 Information, Imitation, and Inculcation
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.