- Title Pages
- List of Boxes
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Part One History of Thought
- 1 Origins of the Idea of a World Free of Poverty
- Chapter 2 New Thinking on Poverty after 1950
- Part Two Measures and Methods
- 3 Measuring Welfare
- 4 Poverty Lines
- 5 Poverty and Inequality Measures
- 6 Impact Evaluation
- Part Three Poverty and Policy
- 7 Dimensions of Poverty and Inequality
- 8 Growth, Inequality, and Poverty
- 9 Economy-Wide and Sectoral Policies
- 10 Targeted Interventions
- Note about Book Cover
- The Economics of Poverty
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.