- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- 1 Mazu’s Records and the Study of Chan Literature
- 2 Hagiographic Representations of Patriarch Ma
- 3 Further Communal Remembrances
- 4 Formation of Chan Genres
- 5 Four Main Genres
- 6 Protracted Makings of Texts and Patriarchs
- Text 1 Mazu’s Stele Inscription
- Text 2 Stone Case Inscription
- Text 3 <i>Biographical Entry in</i> Zu tang ji
- Text 4 <i>Excerpts from</i> Zong jing lu
- Text 5 <i>Biographical Entry in</i> Song gao seng zhuan
- Text 6 <i>Biographical Entry in</i> Jingde chuan deng lu
- Text 7 <i>Sermon in</i> Jingde chuan deng lu
- Appendix: Additional Sources about Mazu
- The Records of Mazu and the Making of Classical Chan Literature
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.