- Title Pages
- 1 Out of the Wilderness, Arcadia
- 2 Promoting “Our Italy”
- 3 “Calitopia”
- 4 Private Citizens, Public Works
- 5 Utopian Communities
- 6 Spectacles <i>en plein air</i>
- 7 Houses and Gardens before World War II
- 8 The Southland House as a Set
- 9 A “Villa in a Garden” for the Masses
- 10 Palaces and Patrons in the Twentieth Century
- 11 Aphrodite, Atlas, and the California Body
- 12 Metaphors Misconstrued?
- Illustration Credits
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.