- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Interrogating Torture
- 2 Dangerous Torment
- 3 Benchmarking Interrogational Torture
- 4 A Quixotic Model of Interrogational Torture
- 5 A Realistic Model of Interrogational Torture
- 6 A Brutal Logic
- 7 A Matter of Calculation
- 8 Surprise Torture
- 9 Ambiguous Information and False Confirmation
- 10 Valuable Information, Selective Torture
- 11 Torturing Innocents, Resisting Torture
- 12 Torture’s Garden
- 13 Torture’s Confession
- 14 Postscript
- Appendix A The RIT Model
- Appendix B Comparative Statics Analysis
- Appendix C Observations and Propositions
- Does Torture Work?
John W. Schiemann
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.