- Title Pages
- Country Codes
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Measuring the Black Box
- 3 Cardwell’s Law in Action
- 4 Does Technology Need Government?
- 5 “Why Nations Fail”
- 6 How Nations Succeed
- 7 Technological Losers and Political Resistance to Innovation
- 8 Creative Insecurity
- 9 Critical Cases of Creative Insecurity
- 10 Conclusion
- Appendix 1 The Great Definitions (Non)Debate
- Appendix 2 A Brief History of Innovation Measurement
- Appendix 3 Tour of Innovation Measures, Data, and Sources
- The Politics of Innovation
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.