- Title Pages
- Series Editor’s Foreword
- Chapter One The Body of Western Embodiment
- Chapter Two Embodied or Ensouled
- Chapter Three Beautiful Bodies and Shameful Embodiment in Plotinus’s Enneads
- Chapter Four Augustinian Puzzles about Body, Soul, Flesh, and Death
- Chapter Five Medieval Jewish Philosophers and the Human Body
- Chapter Six Scholastic Philosophers on the Role of the Body in Knowledge
- Chapter Seven Hobbes’s Embodied God
- Chapter Eight Leibniz’s View of Living Beings
- Chapter Nine Descartes and Spinoza
- Chapter Ten Man-Machines and Embodiment
- Chapter Eleven The Embodiment of Virtue
- The Devil in the Flesh
- Phantom Limbs
- Embodied Geometry in Early Modern Theatre
- Ghosts in the Celestial Machine
- The Genotype/Phenotype Distinction
- Justin E. H. Smith
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.