- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Problem of Famines
- 3 Somalia and External Intervention in the Greater Horn of Africa
- 4 The Worsening Crisis, the Delay, and the Impact of the Famine
- 5 “No One to Cry To”
- 6 Diversification, Flexibility, and Social Connectedness
- 7 The Response of the (Western) International “Humanitarian Community”
- 8 The Shifting International Dynamics of the Humanitarian Response
- 9 2012–14 And the Aftermath of the Famine
- 10 Preventing Famine
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.