- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 On the Musically Theological in Bach’s Cantatas
- Chapter 2 Historically Informed Readings of the Librettos from Bach’s Cantatas
- Chapter 3 Bach’s Cantata on the Destruction of Jerusalem
- Chapter 4 Bach’s Cantatas and “the Jews” in the Gospel of John
- Chapter 5 Bach’s <i>St. John Passion</i> and “the Jews”
- Chapter 6 Blood, People, and Crowds in Bach’s <i>St. Matthew Passion</i>
- Chapter 7 The Theological Character of Bach’s <i>Musical Offering</i>
- Works Cited
- Index of Bach’s Works
- Index of Biblical and Other Ancient Sources
- Index of Names and Subjects
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.