- Title Pages
- List of Figures and Tables
- Chapter 1 Racial Systems and the Racial Palimpsest
- Chapter 2 St. Domingue as Training Ground
- Chapter 3 White St. Domingue Refugees and White Creoles in Nineteenth-Century Louisiana
- Chapter 4 St. Domingue Refugees and Creoles of Color
- Chapter 5 Twenty-First Century Remnants of a White Creole Past
- Chapter 6 Into the Twenty-First Century
- Chapter 7 Conclusions
- Appendix I Notes on Methodology
- Appendix II Cajun/Creole Survey Results
- Appendix III St. Domingue/Haiti-Louisiana Interview Instrument
- Appendix IV Creole Oral History Guide
- American Routes
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.