- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Acronyms
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Chapter 1 The Politics and Political Economy of Forestland Regimes
- Part I The Origins and Divergences of National Forestland Regimes
- Chapter 2 Colonialism and the Transformation of Hinterlands
- Chapter 3 Politics of “Development” and National Forestland Regimes
- Chapter 4 Political Mediation of Land Conflicts in the Hinterlands
- Part II Politics of Institutional Change
- Chapter 5 Politics of Institutional Change in India’s Forestland Regimes
- Chapter 6 Politics of Institutional Change in Tanzania and Mexico
- Part III Policy Differences and Key Lessons
- Chapter 7 Public Accountability in Policy-making
- Chapter 8 Conclusion
- Appendix I Number of People Affected by Forestland Conflicts
- Appendix II A Sample of Specific Events Related to Forestland Conflicts
- Appendix III Major Socioeconomic and Political Indicators in Case Study Countries
- Appendix IV Inequality-Adjusted Human Development Index for Selected Regions
- Appendix V Statistical Analysis of Forestland Claims in Gujarat, India
- IndexNote: Tables and figures are indicated by an italic <i>t</i> or <i>f</i> following the page number.
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.