- Title Pages
- Note on Case Records
- A Mother's Job
- 1 “Foster Mothers”: <i>Creating Day Nurseries</i>
- 2 Using Day Nurseries
- 3 Deserving Mothers: Day Care as Welfare
- 4 Day Care as Education: The Emergence of the Nursery School
- 5 Day Care and Depression
- 6 Battling for Mothers' Labor: Day Care During World War II
- 7 From Charity to Legitimate Need: The Postwar Years
- Archival Sources
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.