- Title Pages
- 1 Beginnings: Cajal and the Neuron Theory (1889–1909)
- 2 Beginnings: Sherrington and the Synapse (1890–1913)
- 3. Chemical Transmission at Synapses (1895–1945)
- 4 Chemical Transmission at Synapses (1945–1965)
- 5 Identifying Neurotransmitters (1946–1976)
- 6 Characterizing Receptors (1905–1983)
- 7. Second Messengers (1951–1990)
- 8 Receptor Structures and Receptor Families(1983–1990)
- 9 Synthesis, Storage, Transport, and Metabolic Degradation of Neurotransmitters
- 10 Neurotransmitter Release
- 11 Formation of Specific Synapses
- 12 Learning
- 13 Diseases and Therapies
- 14 Epilogue
- Mechanisms of Synaptic Transmission
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.