- Title Pages
- I Where Do New Ideas Come From?
- 1 From Tools to Theories
- 2 Mind as Computer
- 3 Ideas in Exile
- II Ecological Rationality
- 4 Ecological Intelligence
- 5 AIDS Counseling for Low-Risk Clients
- 6 How to Improve Bayesian Reasoning without Instruction
- III Bounded Rationality
- 7 Probabilistic Mental Models
- 8 Reasoning the Fast and Frugal Way
- IV Social Rationality
- 9 Rationality
- 10 Domain-Specific Reasoning
- 11 The Modularity of Social Intelligence
- V Cognitive Illusions and Statistical Rituals
- 12 How to Make Cognitive Illusions Disappear
- 13 The Superego, the Ego, and the Id in Statistical Reasoning
- 14 Surrogates for Theories
- Name Index
- Subject Index
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.