- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Music Examples
- Prologue: Styles and Sources
- Chapter 1 Acquiring a Mixed Taste: Telemann as “Great Partisan of French Music”
- Chapter 2 Telemann’s Mimetic Art: The Characteristic Overture-Suites
- Chapter 3 Never from the Heart? Telemann’s Concertos
- Chapter 4 Bach’s Debt Repaid with Interest: A Case Study of Transformative Imitation
- Chapter 5 “Something for Everyone’s Taste”: Telemann’s Sonatas to 1725
- Chapter 6 Telemann and the Sonate auf Concertenart
- Chapter 7 Telemann in the Marketplace: The Composer as Self-Publisher
- Chapter 8 Telemann für Kenner und Liebhaber The Music of the Hamburg Publications
- Chapter 9 Telemann’s Polish Style and the “True Barbaric Beauty” of the Musical Other
- INDEX OF TELEMANN’S COMPOSITIONS
- Music for a Mixed Taste
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.