- Title Pages
- One Three Strikes Comes to California
- Two The Largest Penal Experiment in American History
- Three Building a Research Design
- Four The Role of Recidivists in Urban California Crime
- Five The Impact of Three Strikes on Criminal Punishment
- Six Three Strikes as Crime Control
- Seven The Jurisprudence of Imprisonment in California
- Eight Living with Three Strikes: Courts, Corrections, and the Political Process
- Nine The Changing Politics of Criminal Punishment
- Ten Democracy and the Governance of Criminal Punishment
- Eleven Legacies and Lessons
- Punishment and Democracy
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.