- Title Pages
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Steelband Movement and Music
- 3 An Unlikely Instrument
- 4 The National Instrument
- 5 Dropping the Bomb
- 6 A Showcase for Pan
- 7 The Rise of the Arranger
- 8 Community Participation
- 9 Contest and Control
- 10 Writing Their Own Tunes
- 11 From Panman to Pannist
- 12 Popular Culture and Nationalism
- Appendix I Steel Pan Instruments
- Appendix II Repertoire
- Appendix III Panorama Winners, 1963–2007
- Music from behind the Bridge
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.