- Title Pages
- 1 Please Pass the Injin Territory
- 2 The Making of the Incompetent Indian
- 3 Tar Baby, 1912–1920
- 4 Anna, Adventuress of a Most Dangerous Type, 1920-1923
- 5 Dividing the Estate, 1921–1923
- 6 “Poor Rich Indians” and the Turning Political Tide, 1923–1925
- 7 Battle Royal: Litigation over the Jackson Barnett Estate, 1925–1928
- 8 Who Will Guard the Guardians? Indian Policy on Trial, 1924–1928
- 9 Witch Hunts: The Senate Subcommittee Investigation, 1928–1929
- 10 The Gilded Cage, 1926–1938
- 11 The Battle of Wilshire Boulevard
- 12 Speculative and Protracted Litigation
- Epilogue: A Matter of Trust
- Appendix I:
- Appendix II:
- Appendix III: The Equitable Case and the Oklahoma Prohibition Suit
- The World's Richest Indian
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.