- Title Pages
- <b>For Peter Onuf and for Robert and Jane Carp Three cherished teachers</b>
- Chapter 1 PORT IN A STORM
- Chapter 2 ORDERLY AND DISORDERLY MOBILIZATION IN THE TAVERNS OF NEW YORK CITY
- Chapter 3 “AND YET THERE IS ROOM ”
- Chapter 4 CHANGING OUR HABITATION
- Chapter 5 PHILADELPHIA POLITICS, IN AND OUT OF DOORS, 1742–76
- APPENDIX 1 <i>Population Estimates for the Largest American Cities, 1740–83</i>
- APPENDIX 2 <i>Licenses Granted for Retailing Strong Liquors in New York City, 1753–73, and the Population of New York</i>
- APPENDIX 3 <i>Newport Denominations: Meetinghouse Size, Congregants, Communicants</i>
- APPENDIX 4 <i>Newport Religious Leaders, 1740–83</i>
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.