- Title Pages
- Introduction: Empire in an Age of Discord
- 1 The Origins and Traditions of the Nineteenth-Century Missionary Movement
- 2 Defining French Influence in Indochina
- 3 Civilizing and Its Discontents
- 4 Silent Sisters in the South Seas
- 5 When Civilization Destroyed Paradise
- 6 <i>Qui dit Français dit catholique</i>
- 7 How British Protestants Helped Save French Catholicism
- 8 Martyrs, Patriots, Frenchmen
- Conclusion: Finding France Abroad
- An Empire Divided
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.