- Title Pages
- Preface to the Second Edition
- 1 Wine Words
- 2 Extending the Vocabulary
- 3 New Wine Words
- 4 Aromas and Wine Wheels
- 5 Evaluating Wines: Scoring Systems
- 6 Semantic Analysis
- 7 Experiments and Subjects
- 8 The Stanford Subjects
- 9 The Tucson Subjects
- 10 The Davis Subjects
- 11 Later Experiments
- 12 Research on Taste and Smell
- 13 Functions of Language
- 14 The Development of Scientific Language
- 15 Nonscientific Uses of Language
- 16 Snobs, Anti-Snobs, and Marketing
- 17 What Else Is Like Wine Description?
- 18 Conclusion
- Postscript 1
- Postscript 2
- Name Index
- Subject Index
Vino, Veritas, and Vectors
- Wine and Conversation
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.