- Title Pages
- 1 How Do We Understand Men’s Friendships?
- 2 What Do Friendship and Friend Mean?
- 3 So, How Do Friendships Actually Work?
- 4 What Do Men Learn From Their Fathers About Friendships?
- 5 Do Women Influence Men’s Friendships?
- 6 Do Women Feel the Same About Friends as Do Men?
- 7 Marty in His 20s: Needing Friends and Family
- 8 Zach in His 30s: Balancing Family, Friends, and Work
- 9 Mal in His 40s: Continuing the Balancing Act
- 10 Mick in His 50s: Needing Friends More Than Ever
- 11 Michael in His 60s: Friendships Shaped by Early Experiences
- 12 Donald in His 70s: Going Strong
- 13 Tom in His 80s: Realizing All His Friends Are Gone
- 14 Fred in His 90s: Thinking Maybe It’s in the Genes
- 15 Men’s Fellowship at a Saturday Morning Church Group
- 16 Stepping Up to the Plate With Your Friendships
- Appendix A About the Study
- Appendix B Questions for Men’s Groups and Classroom Discussion
- Buddy System
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.