- Title Pages
- About this Publication
- Chapter 1 Journeys in Music
- Chapter 2 Positioning “World Music” in Education
- Chapter 3 The Myth of Authentic Traditions in Context
- Chapter 4 Global Perspectives on Learning and Teaching Music
- Chapter 5 Communities, Curricula, and Conservatories
- Chapter 6 Toward a Global Understanding of Learning and Teaching Music
- Chapter 7 Music Cultures in Motion
- Appendix A Emergency Guidelines in Case of World Music
- Appendix B Sample Questions for Interviewing World Musicians on Learning and Teaching (90–120 minutes)
- Appendix C Example of a Series of Classes on World Music with a Thematic Approach
- Appendix D Five Domains of Musical Sustainability in Contemporary Contexts
- Appendix E The World Music Adventures of Primary Teacher Ms. Benson
- Facing the Music
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.