- Title Pages
- Breaking the Poverty Cycle
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Socio-Cultural Norms as Impediments to Individual and Social Change
- Chapter 3 Testimonies
- Chapter 4 The Framework for Enabling Empowerment
- Chapter 5 Development as Enhancing Capabilities
- Chapter 6 The Elements of FrEE
- Chapter 7 Behavior as Choice
- Chapter 8 Context
- Chapter 9 Strategy for Program Development and Implementation
- Chapter 10 Conclusion
- Appendix A Examples of Programming for Choice that Have Enhanced Personal Agency and Intrinsic Empowerment
- Appendix B Acknowledgments
- Breaking the Poverty Cycle: The Human Basis for Sustainable Development
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.