- Title Pages
- Musical Examples
- Chapter 1 Confronting Falla
- Chapter 2 The Waning of Romanticism: A Composer Begins
- Chapter 3 In Paris on the Eve of the Great War
- Chapter 4 In Neutral Spain
- Chapter 5 International Acclaim: Modernist Folklore and a Farewell to the Primitive
- Chapter 6 The European Neoclassicist: Finding His Voice
- Chapter 7 “Far above the Workings of Politics”
- Chapter 8 Falla and the Spanish Civil War
- Chapter 9 Seeking the Lost Continent
- Chapter 10 Falla’s Legacy
- Appendix 1 Works and First Performances
- Appendix 2 Overview of Spanish History, 1874–1981
- Sacred Passions
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.