- Title Pages
- Preface to the Paperback Edition
- Figures and Tables
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Early History (1930s–1947) and the Structure of Nuclear Science, State, and Society
- 3 The Nehru-Bhabha Years, 1947–64
- 4 The Diplomatic Base of India's Nuclear Strategy
- 5 The Shastri-Gandhi Years, 1964–74: The External Dynamics
- 6 The Shastri-Gandhi Years, 1964–74: The Internal Dynamics
- 7 Factors and Issues in the Development of Indian Strategic Independence with Nuclear Explosives, 1974–98
- 8 Pokhran II and After: The Reactions, Debates, and Consequences
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.