- Title Pages
- Abbreviations and Note on References
- Note on References
- 1 The Face of Death
- 2 The Hereafter
- 3 Preparation for Death
- 4 The Making of Wills
- 5 Last Wills and Testaments: Form and Contents
- 6 Last Rites and the Craft of Dying
- 7 Good Deaths and Bad
- 8 Grief and Mourning
- 9 Funerals
- 10 Funeral Sermons
- 11 Burial and Commemoration
- Appendix 1: Berkshire and Norfolk Wills
- Appendix 2: Numbers of Funeral Sermons Published
- Primary Sources
- Selected Secondary Sources
- Death, Religion, and the Family in England, 1480–1750
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.