- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- Foreword by Richard R. Nelson
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Economic and Technological Change from the Meiji Restoration to World War II
- 3 The Post-War Technological Progress and Government Policies
- 4 The Evolution of a Management System from the Tokugawa Era to World War II
- 5 Management in Post-War Japan and Today
- 6 Textiles
- 7 Iron and Steel
- 8 Electrical and Communications Equipment
- 9 Automobiles
- 10 Shipbuilding and Aircraft
- 11 Pharmaceuticals
- 12 What Can We Learn from the Past?
- Appendix A Brief Chronology of Japan’s History
- Index of Names
- Index of Subjects
- Technology and Industrial Development in Japan
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.