- Title Pages
- Notes on the Contributors
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- 1 Case Studies of Complex Humanitarian Emergencies: An Introduction
- 2 Afghanistan: The Last Cold-War Conflict, the First Post-Cold-War Conflict
- 3 Cambodia: Genocide, Autocracy, and the Overpoliticized State
- 4 Iraq: Economic Embargo and Predatory Rule
- 5 Burundi: The Long Sombre Shadow of Ethnic Instability
- 6 Rwanda: The Social Roots of Genocide
- 7 Somalia: The Struggle for Resources
- 8 Liberia and Sierra Leone: The Competition for Patronage in Resource-Rich Economies
- 9 Congo (Zaire): Corruption, Disintegration, and State Failure
- 10 Kenya: Economic Decline and Ethnic Politics
- 11 Haiti: Towards the Abyss? Poverty, Dependence, and Resource Depletion
- 12 El Salvador: Economic Disparities, External Intervention, and Civil Conflict
- 13 The South Caucasus: The Breakdown of the Soviet Empire
- 14 Weak States and Humanitarian Emergencies: Failure, Predation, and Rent-Seeking
- Appendix: List of Conference Participants
- War, Hunger, and Displacement: Volume 2
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.