- Title Pages
- For my mother
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Bail
- 3 Bail in Cicero
- 4 Bail in Herculaneum and Puteoli
- 5 How Cases are Postponed
- 6 Returning after a Postponement
- 7 Giving Notice of the Postponement
- 8 Three Cases
- 9 Concluding Remarks on Roman Litigation
- Appendix: Inscriptions and Papyri on Bail
- A. Before Justinian
- B. Justinian
- C. Inscriptions, Papyri, etc.
- Litigation in Roman Law
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.