- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction: the issues
- Chapter 2 The nature of emotion
- Chapter 3 The functions of emotion: reward, punishment, and emotion in brain design
- Chapter 4 The brain mechanisms underlying emotion
- Chapter 5 Hunger
- Chapter 6 Thirst
- Chapter 7 Brain-stimulation reward
- Chapter 8 Pharmacology of emotion, reward, and addiction; the basal ganglia
- Chapter 9 Sexual behaviour, reward, and brain function; sexual selection of behaviour
- Chapter 10 Emotional feelings and consciousness: a theory of consciousness
- Chapter 11 Conclusions, and broader issues
- Appendix 1 Neural networks and emotion-related learning
- Appendix 2 Reward reversal in the orbitofrontal cortex – a model
- Appendix 3 Glossary
- Emotion Explained
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.