- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- Introduction to Midrash Rabba and its Readers
- 1 Midrash in the Sixteenth-Century Ottoman Empire
- 2 Midrash Rabba and Its Commentaries
- 3 From Safed to Venice—Abraham ben Asher and the Publication of the <i>ʾOr ha-Sekhel</i>
- 4 Abraham ben Asher’s Commentary—An Examination of Selected Texts
- 5 Pseudo-Rashi’s Commentary on Genesis Rabba
- 6 Conclusion: The <i>ʾOr ha-Sekhel</i> and Its Reception
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2 Genesis Rabba 18:4 (<i>ʾOr ha-Sekhel</i>, f. 47a)
- Appendix 3 Genesis Rabba 60:13 (<i>ʾOr ha-Sekhel</i>, ff. 122b–123a)
- Appendix 4 Genesis Rabba 1:1 (<i>ʾOr ha-Sekhel</i>, f. 2a–b)
- Appendix 5 Genesis Rabba 69:1 (<i>ʾOr ha-Sekhel</i>, f. 141a–b)
- Appendix 6 Solomon le-Vet ha-Levi on Genesis Rabba 69:1 (ff. 74b–75b)
- Appendix 7 Samuel Yafeh on Genesis Rabba 69:1 (vol. 1, ff. 401b–402a)
- Commentary on Midrash Rabba in the Sixteenth Century
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.