- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 The Origins and Evolution of the Building Societies in Britain, c.1850–1939
- 2 ‘Every Man His Own Landlord’
- 3 ‘The Silent Revolution’
- 4 ‘The Paradox of Success’
- Appendix 1 Data Appendix
- Appendix 2 Logistic Regression of CAMSIS Scores, Use of Secondary Incomes, LTVs, and Arrears in CPBS, 1884–1905
- Appendix 3 Affordability of Loans to Various Occupations
- Appendix 4 Panel Data Regressions of Growthof Funds and Growth ofMortgage Assets
- The Building Society Promise
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.