- Title Pages
- 1 A Sense of History
- 2 Medieval Beginnings
- 3 Advance and Retreat in the Financial Supremacy of Parliament
- 4 The Commissioners and Board of Audit
- 5 Early Victorian Reform
- 6 The 1866 Audit Act and the Modern State
- 7 Audit, Accountability, and the Impact of the Two World Wars
- 8 Post-War Strengths and Challenges
- 9 Audit in the Time of the New Public Management
- 10 The National Audit Office
- 11 Recurring Themes and Continuing Change
- Appendix 1 Comptrollers and Auditors General
- Appendix 2 Exchequer Tallies: ‘Preposterous Sticks’
- A History of British National Audit
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.