- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations
- Note on References and Translations
- 1 How Animals Mean
- 2 Marie de France: the Courtly Fable
- 3 Nigel of Longchamp's <i>Speculum stultorum</i>
- 4 The Owl and the Nightingale
- 5 Chaucerian Birds
- 6 Reynard in England
- 7 Henryson: the Epicized Fable
- Appendix 1 Suggested Identifications of Marie de France
- Appendix 2 Narrative summary of the <i>Speculum stultorum</i>
- Appendix 3 The Epistle to William
- Appendix 4 Gallus et vulpes
- Index of Fables Cited
- From Aesop to Reynard
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.