- Title Pages
- Note on Texts
- 1 The Metamorphoses of Apuleius: From Antiquity to the Early Middle Ages
- 2 Apuleius in the High Middle Ages
- 3 Asinus Redivivus: The Recovery of The Golden Ass
- 4 The Inky Ass: Apuleius in the Age of Print (1469–1500)
- 5 The Antiquarian Ass: Apuleius and the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili (1499)
- 6 The Academical Ass: Apuleius and the Northern Renaissance
- 7 The Golden Asse of William Adlington (1566)
- 8 After Adlington: Apuleius in England (1566–1660)
- 9 The Arcadian Ass: Sir Philip Sidney and Apuleius
- 10 Psyche's Daughter: Pleasure and The Faerie Queene
- 11 Shakespeare's Bottom and Apuleius' Ass
- Putative Apuleius Glosses in the Abolita Glossary1
- Index Manuscriptorum
- Index Locorum
- Index verborum Apuleianorum
- Index nominum et rerum
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.