- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- 1 Reliabilism and the Value of Knowledge
- 2 Is There a Value Problem?
- 3 Testimony and the Value of Knowledge
- 4 The Value of Understanding
- 5 Ugly Analyses and Value
- 6 The Goods and the Motivation of Believing
- 7 Practical Reasoning and the Concept of Knowledge
- 8 Pragmatic Encroachment and Epistemic Value
- 9 Luck, Knowledge, and Control
- 10 Values of Truth and Truth of Values
- 11 Epistemic Normativity
- 12 Curiosity and the Value of Truth
- 13 The Trivial Argument for Epistemic Value Pluralism, or, How I Learned to Stop Caring about Truth
- APPENDIX A Precis of The Value of Knowledge and the Pursuit of Understanding
- APPENDIX B The Value Problem
- APPENDIX C Is Understanding Factive?
- APPENDIX D Understanding, Knowledge, and the Meno Requirement
- APPENDIX E Responses to Critics
- Epistemic Value
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.