- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- A Note on the Text
- Archive abbreviations
- 1 Origins: Yorkshire and Cheltenham 1850–1874
- 2 A Room of Her Own: Newnham College 1874–1879
- 3 ‘Salvationist for Greek Art’: London 1879–1886
- 4 Mythology and Monuments: Greece and London 1886–1898
- 5 Woman and Knowledge: Newnham 1898–1901
- 6 Ker and Cheiron: Jane Harrison and Gilbert Murray 1901–1903
- 7 Prolegomena to the Study of Greek Religion: Newnham 1903–1906
- 8 The Pillar and the Maiden: Newnham 1906–1907
- 9 Crabbed Age and Youth: Cambridge 1908–1909
- 10 Heresy and Humanity: ‘Other Worlds’ 1907–1915
- 11 Unanimism and Conversion: Cambridge and Europe 1910–1914
- 12 ‘Tout passe, tout casse, tout lasse’:1 Cambridge and Paris 1914–1916
- 13 Via crucis, via lucis: Cambridge, France, and London 1916–1928
- The Life and Work of Jane Ellen Harrison
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.