- Title Pages
- To Richard
- List of Figures
- List of Charts
- List of Tables
- List of Statutes
- 1 Concepts and Orientations
- 2 The Railway Industry in Britain
- 3 The Railway Industry and Risk
- 4 The Law: Regulatory Objectives and the Social Dimensions of Knowledge
- 5 The Railway Inspectorate: Regulatory Objectives and the Social Dimensions of Knowledge
- 6 Industry Enforced Self-Regulation
- 7 Participative Regulation?
- 8 The Communication of Risk: Information about Health and Safety
- 9 Understandings of Risk and Uncertainty
- 10 Risk-Taking and Compliance
- 11 Privatization and the Safety Cascade
- 12 Constituting and Controlling Risk Management: The Regulation of Economic Life
- Appendix 1: Data Collection
- Appendix 2: The Interview Schedules
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.