- Title Pages
- Frequently cited principles
- Chapter 1 The historical and philosophical background
- Chapter 2 The concrete whole–concrete part model pro et contra
- Chapter 3 The Substance–Accident Model (1) Franciscans from Bonaventure to William of Ware
- Chapter 4 The Substance–Accident Model (2) Giles of Rome and his Opponents
- Chapter 5 The Substance-Accident Model (3) Duns Scotus
- Excursus 1 Consequences of the Union
- Chapter 6 Some Points of Christological Consensus
- Chapter 7 The Ratio Terminandi Essence or Personal Property?
- Chapter 8 Christological predication
- Chapter 9 Relations and Intrinsic Properties
- Chapter 10 Christ's Human Activity Agency and Predication
- Excursus 2 Counting Persons and Natures
- Chapter 11 The historical background
- Chapter 12 Esse Theories of Subsistence
- Chapter 13 Relation Theories of Subsistence
- Chapter 14 Negation Theories of Subsistence (1) The Thirteenth Century
- Chapter 15 Negation Theories of Subsistence (2) Duns Scotus
- Index Locorum
- General Index
- The Metaphysics of the Incarnation
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.