- Title Pages
- Clarendon Studies in Criminology
- General Editor's Introduction
- Lists of Figures and Tables
- Part I
- 1 Introduction
- 2 The Provenance of Fear
- 3 What is the Fear of Crime? A Rhetorical Question with No <i>One</i> Clear Answer
- 4 Theorizing the Fear of Crime: The Cultural and Social Significance of Insecurity
- Part II
- 5 Conversations about Crime, Place, and Community
- 6 Types and Intensities of Fear
- 7 Experience and Expression in the Fear of Crime
- Part III
- 8 The Anxieties of Affluence
- Methodological Appendix
- Social Order and the Fear of Crime in Contemporary Times
- Oxford University Press
British Academy Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.